Book Review# 31: The Unsuitable Boy :Karan Johar



Laid my hands on the Karan Johar biography. It was on my wish list to read for long.

It was a breezy read, and I felt was refreshing and honest in some places. I liked the way he narrated the back story of how and what situations lead him to write the movies he wrote.

It touched the chord when he spoke of his parents, especially his dad, his illness, the struggle he went through coping up with his death. How he dealt with the situations, his struggles, success, failure, the fear of being alone has been narrated beautifully. The depression factor also has been written about beautifully. Also the book has a take on his friendships with SRK, fallout with Kajol etc.



I would rate the book 4/5 as it is straightforward, to the point, crisp and the narration lucid. Respect for the person who is able to write and accept his shortcomings, preferences.




Comments

Popular Posts